NHSF (UK) is proud to present our new wellbeing initiative, ‘Elev8’!
Brought to you virtually, Elev8 hopes to get everyone active and engaged over the next few weeks. We’ll bring you a whole host of fun-filled challenges for the body and mind, each designed to get our bodies and brains running!
What can you look forward to?
- This is your opportunity to get fit and be active from home over the next few weeks!
- You can earn points for yourself and your Hindu Society with prizes up for grabs!
- We will present to you 10 dynamic challenges over the course of 6 weeks!
- It’s open to all – get involved with your friends and family!
Challenges include running, cycling, art, dance and many more. Keep an eye out for our bonus environment and mental wellbeing challenges. We’ll also be holding workshops so that we can all tackle the activities together. To conclude Elev8, we’ll be hosting a virtual closing ceremony where winners of each challenge will be announced.
Please register below to be part for Elev8. We will be giving our FREE T-SHIRTS to those who are affiliated members and those who are successful in completing the challenges. There are other exciting prizes up for grabs too – don’t miss out!
Information about the ten challenges can be found below. Check out our social media pages to stay up to date with the latest Elev8 news!
Please register below for Elev8.
If you are taking part in our running, cycling or walking challenges please download the Strava app, for us to help track our participants. We have a Strava Form in which we need you to enter your username for us to be able to do this.
If you were part of your Hindu society or NHSF (UK) at university, and have since graduated, please use this registration link.
If you are currently a member of your NHSF (UK) affiliated Hindu society, please use this registration link.
If you attend a university that does not have an NHSF (UK) affiliated Hindu society, please use this link.
Escape Room Challenge
Notes about the Challenges
- Think about the theme, “Dharma expressed through art”
- Use any type of media to create your masterpiece.
- Make it an A4 piece.
- Provide a 100 word explanation of your creation.
- Choreograph your moves to a 1 min snippet of the music of your choice (must not contain any swearing)
- Get your friends and family involved!
- Send us your video Submission
- Sign up for our specially designed Escape Room in teams of 5
- Dates of Escape Rooms are as follows:
- 26th January 2021
- 27th January 2021
- 28th January 2021
- 3rd February 2021
- See HCA Website for more details about HCA
- Reminder of challenges
- Attend HCA Workshop on 4th February 2021
- Cooking a Vegan Meal
- Setting up Ecosia as your default browser
- Hold an Eco-movie night/ Watch an environmental documentary
- Like and Share the HCA page
Notes about the Challenges
- Write a poem about a topic of your choice.
- The poem has to be one page maximum in length.
- Send us your Submission
- Check out our “Yogāsan of the Week” videos – take your pick of Yogāsans you want to attempt
- Practice, practice, practice!
- Join our live Yogāsan session on 23rd February to perfect your technique – more details to follow
- Show us your achievements! Submit attempts to our website, or on Insta and tag us along with other friends for extra points! Be creative and add your own twists – why not as part of another challenge?
- Submit Your Challenge
Join us for our Elev8 Closing Ceremony on Saturday 27th February.
We’ll be hearing from some inspiring individuals and will also be awarding the prizes for each challenge, so don’t miss out if you want a prize!